Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Spencer St. February Rapid

Spencer St. February Rapid, G/15:

I played 3 players, all well below my rating. My first game, I gave up a couple pawns in the middle game to a tactic, but managed to get them back with some opposing mistakes. In the endgame, my opponent touched the wrong piece (and so then had to move it), allowing me to win another pawn, which I eventually used to get a queen and get a checkmate with about 5 seconds left on my clock. Second game, I played a good opening, and while my opponent had some pressure, he made a mistake, and let me out in a bad way, giving me a pawn, bishop, and knight for a rook, which was a good trade for me, and I converted that advantage in the endgame. Final game, I played a good opening, and just crushed my opponent positionally, until I won a piece in the endgame, and then promoted a pawn to a queen and won.

3.0/3, winning $12, $9 more than the entry fee! I played okayish, but everyone was well below my rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment